UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Stamford, Connecticut
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Be part of the global client connectivity team that works together to arrive at architectural decisions in solving challenging problems
– The team is amidst a multi-year project to modernize the existing connectivity platforms.
– Work on technical projects to enhance the performance of the system, dealing with client projects to add functionality and work to comply with market regulations.
– The individual in this role will be expected to spend 80-90% of their time performing direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, releases and post implementation support.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Client Connectivity team in Stamford. Our role is to provide a market leading client connectivity solution for our clients in terms of functionality and performance. We do this by working with our business partners to enhance the functionality our solutions provide and with other internal partners to improve performance, reliability and ensure we are keeping to the demands of market regulations.
Your experience and skills:
– 7 years hands-on experience with C++ using multi-threading, data-structures, STL, Casting, templates, pointers, socket programming and algorithms would be an invaluable asset.
– Programming using Linux/Unix environment is essential.
– Experience with development in financial environment on order management systems, FIX protocol and order-state handling is essential. Prior experience of working on a client connectivity system would be ideal.
– Development experience to build-out high performance, high availability, high throughput, low latency, high capacity, transaction-oriented distributed system is desired.
– Strong knowledge of the equity trading environment ideally in a multi-regional capacity.
– Be able to handle Level 3 support in a pressurized environment.
– Excellent communication skills and be able to explain highly complex functional and non-functional items to IT and the Business stakeholders.
– A self-starter and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
– Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174353BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)