UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer- C# Developer for Trading in Stamford, Connecticut
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable C# GUI for trading systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– collaborate with other global IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Parameters management and Risk teams in Stamford or Weehawken. You will be part of a global team with developers in US, London, HK, Pune (India). The team is responsible for building and supporting an application for maintaining Volatility surfaces, Dividends and other parameters and an application for producing real time risk. Both are used by the UBS Investment Bank Equity derivatives trading. We work closely with the traders and quant teams to support the systems and continuously add new functionality and improve the user's experience.
Your experience and skills:
= You have a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, computer science, mathematics or an equivalent technical degree.
= You are a developer with extensive experience and very strong C# skills (5+ years).
= You have knowledge of distributed computing and low-latency, multithreaded solutions
= You have strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
= Some experience with programming in Java and Linux/Unix scripting will be considered as plus.
= Financial Industry experience is beneficial and will be considered as plus.
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 162465BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer- C# Developer for Trading
City: Stamford, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)