UBS Financial Services Senior Wealth Planning Lawyer in Singapore, Singapore
Are you an experienced Wealth Planning lawyer with a transactional background? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with the \"occasional\" challenging deadline spurring you rather than putting you off? Do you like entering uncharted water territory? We're looking for someone like this to:
– support the bank's busy and growing Wealth Planning and trust businesses
– provide high quality legal advice and bespoke solutions to accommodate the sophisticated needs of the bank's wealth management clients in a timely and consistent manner
– give clear and concise legal advice to our businesses and functions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be part of the Wealth Management Singapore Legal team. Together with our colleagues from Wealth Planning and the trust company, we support a wide range of complex solutions tailored to the needs of the bank's sophisticated clients. We understand the issues that our clients face to provide solutions in the areas of strategic wealth planning, liquidity solutions, succession planning and wealth planning products including insurance referrals. So you can be working on a complex bespoke trust solution one day and be concerned with insurance financing the next and in a number of jurisdictions. No two days are the same.
Your experience and skills:
– at least 8 years PQE
– proven experience in a similar position, either in private practice or in-house
– know-how around trust structuring, liquidity and retirement solutions in the APAC region, in particular familiarity with the Southeast Asian jurisdictions
– what it takes to get a deal done
– no difficulty in interacting directly with a large number of internal and external stakeholders at various levels and in delivering complex and high level messages effectively to them
– a highly-motivated, intellectually curious and flexible lawyer
– creative and business-minded yet always striking a balance between the business needs and the risk appetite of the bank
– someone with a \"can do\" attitude and is prepared to roll up the sleeves
– able to translate legal issues into business terms for non-lawyer audience
– able to handle pressure and used to working to challenging deadlines
– adept at building strong networks and connections
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174556BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Wealth Planning Lawyer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Legal