UBS Financial Services Senior AML Investigation Officer in Singapore, Singapore
Do you have a strong sense of when things are not as they seem? Do you have a keen eye for detail? We're looking for someone like this to:
•undertake AML related investigations (including post-mortem reviews) and suspicious transaction reporting with the local authorities
• perform and report on periodic controls including review of new and existing clients, and any other ad-hoc reviews through both manual and electronic means, for the purpose of identifying potential money laundering issues
• provide AML compliance advice / training to the Business and Support functions with respect to due diligence/KYC standards and on applicable internal policies/local regulations
• support the preparation/follow-up on internal/external audit and regulatory inspection
• co-operate with AML Compliance counterparts in other locations within and outside of APAC
• review and identify changes in AML regulations, assessing potential impact on existing policies/procedures and implementing changes to ensure compliance
• keep abreast of regulatory developments in prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing activities
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will join as part of the Financial Crime team within Compliance & Operational Risk Control. This team comprises of both Due Diligence Officers (DDO) and our Financial Intelligence Unit. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering, corruption and the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) for the bank.
Your experience and skills:
• a graduate degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
• previous compliance or audit experience in the area of Anti-money Laundering. Experience pertaining to private banking or wealth management would be highly preferred.
• knowledge of various legal entities, trust structure and fund structure set ups.
• practical knowledge of relevant AML/CFT laws and guidelines
• proactive and able to work independently
• known for having a strong attention to detail and strong research capability.
• a clear and effective communicator, both verbally and in written report format
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171170BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior AML Investigation Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Compliance