UBS Financial Services Mainframe Developer - GCOO IT Securities APAC in Singapore, Singapore
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable Cobol software running on IBM z/OS mainframe? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– with development, testing, and application support activities
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the GCOO IT Securities - APAC team based in Singapore on a suite of post trade applications dealing with securities - clearing and settlement and corporate action events which core to the One Wealth Management Platform globally.
Your experience and skills:
– proven track of software development experience in COBOL on z/OS platform
– proficient in analysis and design of applications programs and databases
– strong expertise in coding, testing and installing application programs across multiple platforms
– ability to analyze root causes of incidents and provide solutions
– proven Experience in software development, preferably in financial service industry
– a quick learner with strong communication skills
– a great team player with ability to build trusted working relationship with users and third party vendors
– able to work effectively in a complex and highly regulated industry
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire and flexibility to work as part of a geographically diverse global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 163028BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Mainframe Developer - GCOO IT Securities APAC
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)