UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Do you know what it takes to be an architect, only your structures are virtual? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– translate business requirements into IT solutions and assist in implementing them
– demonstrate leadership both in SW architecture and technical design
– support client representatives by describing processes, from the system design phase through to deployment
– assist in quality control, issue resolution and project management
– identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Reference Data System team in Singapore, collaborating with a partner team located in Zurich, Switzerland. Our role is to provide business applications (customers) with a global infrastructure for the management, maintenance and use of reference static data. Our clients are the business application owners and the data owners of reference data tables. We provide customers with tools and public services for maintaining, managing and using shared reference data, backed up by our own dedicated support organization. We offer standardization, central storage and global synchronization for master and control data, ensuring high data quality and enabling programming to be parameterized and structured more flexibly.
Your experience and skills:
– strong analysis and SW design capabilities with proven experience
– previously acted as solution architect or similar role for a complex application landscape
– substantial experience designing and building complex applications with relational databases
– solid skills in COBOL / zOS programming, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, CICS transactions
– experience in tools: Dynarep, TOAD for DB2, SDLC Modelling Platform suite of tools
– hands-on experience in Changeman facilitated software delivery
– good knowledge in JCL and IBM Debugger
– knowledge of network databases is a plus
– a professional who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– passionate about what you do; you value excellence, learning and integrity
– able to keep the pace in delivering business value while working in a sustainable environment
– a strong team player with emphasis on delivering business value
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT (you’re comfortable talking to pros and amateurs)
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178525BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)