UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer - Client Orders APAC - WMPC Tech in Singapore, Singapore
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– develop Oracle / PL-SQL software components for IPS Regulatory Reporting as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– manage versions of software artifacts in GitHub
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We, Client Orders APAC team, as part of the Global Client Orders capability delivery organization, are responsible for enhancing and supporting the Global Order Manager (GOM), the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized, Structured and Treasury Products for Wealth Management globally. You’ll be working in Singapore in close collaboration with our global data management and reporting team that manage the reporting and batch data feed aspects of GOM. There are currently over 1000 data feeds and processes in the Reporting space across various different Oracle database systems although there are also some MS SQLServers which are used primarily for MS Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
Your experience and skills:
– 4 years+ of Oracle PL/SQL & Database development experience
– Experience in ETL processes in processing large volumes of data to and from the oracle databases
– You have a solid understanding of Data Warehousing principles and database optimization and tuning
– You are proficient with working in a UNIX/Linux environment
– You have a good understanding of Investment banking terminology and products, in particular Equities & Derivatives, Funds, Fixed income and their associated static and market data.
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– A nice to have would be experience and understanding of Business Intelligence (Business Objects), Java, or regulatory reporting regulations
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170049BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer - Client Orders APAC - WMPC Tech
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)