UBS Financial Services Database Developer / Development Support DBA in Singapore, Singapore
Do you have a talent for investigating and solving database issues? Are you inquisitive about new technologies and features? Interested in proposing the best not just the easiest solution? You could be who we are looking for....
• maintain Oracle and MS SQL databases
• maintain and Develop toolsets around database maintenance, monitoring and deployment
• work as part of a geographically distributed team.
• assist / support Java developers with their database needs, provide performance tuning advice and DB change deployment support.
• enforce database standards
• provide new innovative approaches to streamline or enhance processes
• analyze, identify the problem in stressful situations when there are production issues.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Database Development Team for Client Orders Topaz Application. Whilst you will be based in Singapore, the team is based in Zürich and you will form a tightly integrated part of that team. The team has a broad area of responsibility from development through to production. The work is highly skilled and you will become a key person in the delivery of the databases platform.
Your experience and skills:
• a minimum of 5 years experience in Oracle Databases with a good overall understanding of database DBA activities from a development perspective, a very good understanding of Oracle Database objects in particular packages and PL/SQL advanced programming techniques.
• very good Unix / Linux knowledge and be familiar with shell scripting.
• familiar with SQL*Plus and SQL loader
• exposure to MS SQL an advantage
• used to adhering and ensuring others to adhere to standards
• discipline to concentrate on assigned tasks and not get distracted by side issues.
• a team player
• very good written and spoken English and able to communicate easily at a technical level.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176051BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Database Developer / Development Support DBA
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)