UBS Financial Services UNIX System Administrator in Shanghai, China
• Provide regional, and with focus in China, production infrastructure reliability for the large scale UNIX/LINUX distributed-systems.
• Collaborate in regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other cross functional teams to ensure production reliability.
• Ownership of end to end support on UNIX/LINUX platform services in various infrastructure driven or business driven initiatives.
• Engaged in and delivery of the whole service lifecycle – from inception, design, developing software platforms or frameworks, deployment, operation and continuous improvement.
• Evolve legacy services or introduce next-gen services with sustainable scalability and efficiencies through automation to help improve reliability, stability and supportability.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless root cause analysis
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be a member of Core Operations APAC supporting Global UNIX/LINUX environment within the bank in ISSO Core Operations APAC – Compute Services UNIX/LINUX
Your experience and skills:
Our ideal candidates should have the following requisites:
• University degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in managing large sites UNIX/LINUX distributed systems and ecosystems.
• Good operational knowledge on some key System Administration discipline on Operating Systems stacks (Solaris/RHEL), networking, storage management (NAS/SAN/Backup), configuration management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef), patch and vulnerability management, identity access management (Authorization and Authentication), virtualization management (IaaS/containers/PaaS), security and compliance management.
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Mandarin
The following are desirable skills:
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Pragmatic and systematic problem-solving approach with sense of ownership and motivation
• Ability to be passionate and hungry to learn and drive toward making changes to make things faster, better and simpler.
• Certifications or working knowledge on ITIL, Six-Sigma and LEAN
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167221BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: UNIX System Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: China
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)