UBS Financial Services Data Scientist: Time Series in Shanghai, China
Do you have sharp analytic skills? Do you know how to solve problems? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Turn data into an asset across the organization
– Rapidly perform Data Science analysis to provide insights using a variety of techniques
– Apply experience and expertise in several tools such as R, Python, Machine Learning libraries, SPSS
– Perform full life-cycle of Data Scientist activities, including conceptual and operational
– Manage end to end research projects – clarify research requirements and devise research approaches
– Collect and combine data from multiple sources, analyze it for insights and produce great visuals
– Stay on top of current business and industry trends
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the UBS Research team in Shanghai. We are in the process of building a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this project is the ability to systematically analyze and build statistical and machine learning models on companies and markets that we do research on. We are looking for talented and experienced Data Scientists to work in partnership with the Evidence Lab and Research.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab here .
Your experience and skills:
– strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– the ability to deal with complex, multi-component problems
– a passion for research
– experience with business analysis including problem definition and mapping
– expertise in several Data Science tools & techniques like Arima, regime based models, VAR, error correction models, multivariate time series models
- expertise in visualizing data using Tableau, D3Js or similar tools
– a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– always professional (but you have the human touch)
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168374BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Data Scientist: Time Series
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: China
Function Category: Research