UBS Financial Services Junior Legal Counsel - Wealth Management in Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Assisting on developing policies, procedures and standard contracts and forms related to local WM platform, including those related to integration between UBS WM and Consenso businesses.
• Assisting on the assessment of regulatory changes potential impacts as well as on developing and implementing strategies to address the changes and mitigate the risks arisen thereof.
• Assisting on complex cross border lending transactions collateralized by Brazilian securities, including reviewing of fiduciary sale and pledge agreements involving listed stocks, investment fund shares and bonds.
• Reviewing and negotiating contracts with WM clients - namely portfolio managements and investment advisory agreements - and also investment funds related documentation (e.g. by-laws, corporate acts, prospectus, reference forms, etc).
• Reviewing and negotiating AM’s transactions documentation (e.g. MoUs, Commercial Proposals and Engagement Letters).
• Reviewing Real Estate Investment Funds public offering documentation (e.g. prospectus, by-laws, marketing materials, etc.) including listed funds and funds aimed to receive offshore investments.
• Reviewing marketing materials and presentations related to the WM and AM businesses (incl. investment funds marketing materials, wealth planning presentations) in order to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Providing education and direction to other departments on the application of rules and regulations.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
A dedicated team spirit and ability to interact and communicate with colleagues on all levels.
Confident ability to advise and communicate effectively with senior management, members of the Board of Directors, and Regulators.
Your experience and skills:
• Lawyer Bachelor Degree (OAB).
• Fluent English
• Experience in assets, family offices, wealth management and investment funds.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173395BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Junior Legal Counsel - Wealth Management
City: Sao Paulo
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Brazil
Function Category: Legal