UBS Financial Services Mainframe Developer in Pune, India
The individual in this role will be accountable for the successful and timely delivery of projects in the Client Platform / Online Services domain. It is a development role entails working within a team span across multiple geographic regions
• Responsible for analysing business requirements, design and implement solutions as defined by the requirement
• Modify and enhance older application code, able to improve and apply modern best practices
• Ensure application stability in production and resolve any incidents in conjunction with GPS team.
• Create necessary documentations.
• Identify and acquire data from a diverse array sources, map data origin, data movement, and analytics
• Ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change/improvement.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The team will include a combination of permanent employees and vendors working in Weehawken, Budapest and Pune
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree in either Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
• Demonstrable solid experience in web development in a large enterprise environment.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
• Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• 10+ years of hands on experience in develop, design, maintenance and integration of mainframe applications using Cobol, CICS, DB2, MQ, JCL, Cobol/Native SQL SP
• Demonstrable experience of being able to work to very tight timelines on multiple detailed activities simultaneously
• Experience with SQL SP a strong plus.
• Knowledge of web technology is a plus.
• zOS system knowledge and testing environment knowledge is a strong plus
• Proven experience with leading small teams in offshore location is a strong plus
• Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment
• Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169637BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Mainframe Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)