UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Pune, India
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable server side systems? Are you always interested in how to innovate and optimize business flows and work with a truly global team ? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– Test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– Resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– Demonstrate ownership of the code ensuring it is stable, secure and operational
– Provide L3 support assisting the production operations team to resolve incidents and ensure stable production deployments.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working on the Global Financial Services - Prime Brokerage (PB) team in Pune. We are part of a globally located team with our system serving businesses across APAC, EMEA and North America. We are responsible for building and maintaining the core Transaction Processing systems to facilitate Prime Brokerage Clearing and Settlement on behalf of UBS PB's clients.
Your experience and skills:
– 6+ years of server-side application development experience in Java/JavaEE/Spring/Hibernate/Webservice, Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL technologies
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
– exposure to the UNIX/Linux environment with shell/Perl scripting is a significant plus
- exposure to batch scheduling tools such as cron/Autosys
– proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as Eclipse, JIRA, GitHub/SVN, Maven, Teamcity, JIRA, etc.
– proven experience in software development for a financial service industry is a plus
– a passionate Java developer and great team player
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– able to operate successfully in a matrix environment supporting multiple business locations in different regions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 179109BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)