UBS Financial Services IT Automation Specialist in Pune, India
Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve operational efficiency?
Are you motivated to continuously make service improvements?
We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Design and develop IT infrastructure operational process automation via scripting, coding and leveraging existing automation platforms.
– Work closely with Operations teams to identify and assess opportunities to improve operational efficiency and service levels on core IT infrastructure platforms via automation.
– Contribute to process and tooling improvements to ensure configuration compliance and consistency.
– Contribute to effort to improve infrastructure monitoring to reduce false positives, ensure full coverage and correct event routing.
– Design, develop, implement, test and deploy automation scripts and software.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Global Hosted Service (GHS) Operational Engineering team in Pune. We are responsible for improving operation efficiency and platform stability through automation, configuration compliance (\"right estate\") and effective monitoring (\"right instrumentation\"). In, addition the team is responsible for Infrastructure expansion supporting legacy environment uplift efforts. The candidate requires both development and coding experience and the ability to interface with stakeholders across ranks and functions.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– Proven C#, Powershell, .Net development skills, ideally with automation design and coding experience.
– proficiency in writing technical documentation
– experience working with supporting/building virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in a large-scale distributed environment, preferably in the finance industry, with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
– Understanding of infrastructure technologies, including as Windows Server 2008/2012, MS SQL, MS SCCM, MS SCOM, VMware vSphere VMware ESXi, PowerCLI and Citrix XenDesktop.
– Understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
– Automation development experience with IPsoft IPautomata would be an advantage
– Splunk knowledge would be an advantage.
– analytical, logical, assertive and result-oriented
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, fluent in English
– Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167614BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Automation Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)