UBS Financial Services Financial Accountant – Compensation Controlling Services in Pune, India
Are you good accounting? Do you like to play with numbers? we are looking for some one who can perform the below role:
• perform financial accounting, controlling and reporting tasks with regards to assigned areas within the variable compensation, post-employment benefits (e.g. pensions), grantor entity controlling and other compensation matter (e.g. accounting for severance and restructuring programs) streams
• build up subject matter expertise in the area of responsibility
• prepare complex calculations, reconciliations and accounting journal entries across P&L and balance sheet
• prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc management reporting to senior stakeholders as well as external reporting
• perform analytical reviews of P&L and balance sheet movements by understanding the underlying business drivers, compensation plans and accounting treatments
• perform timely and accurate reconciliations of P&L and balance sheet general ledger accounts against source systems
• execute appropriate controls throughout all financial accounting and reporting processes
• respond to queries from entity controllers around the globe, independently resolve issues raised and build up strong relationships with your key business partners
• ensure risks and issues in processes are identified, reported, escalated and mitigated
• suggest process improvements to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness . ensure processes are consistently executed conform global procedures and policies
• prepare process descriptions and keep these up-to-date.ensure that services are provided in a timely manner at the highest quality standards
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Compensation Controlling Services is a global team within the Accounting, Controlling and Reporting function of UBS with a presence in Pune, New York, London and Zurich. The team (of about 40 employees) is a global center of excellence and is responsible for all accounting, controlling and reporting related to global variable compensation plans, post-employment benefits, grantor entity controlling, financial advisor compensation in the US and other compensation matters.
In this role, which is located in the UBS office in Pune, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the Compensation Controlling area and become the key subject matter expert in your area of responsibility. You will closely collaborate with your colleagues and stakeholders around the globe.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor or Master degree in Finance / Economics with strong understanding of accounting principles,
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within financial accounting, controlling or reporting
• Experience in preparing, calculating and posting complex journal entries
• Experience in data analysis, financial reporting and reconciliations of financial data
• Very good knowledge of MS Excel (working knowledge of pivot tables and vlookups is a must)
• Experience in an international company or financial industry, preferably in the wealth management industry
• Experience with large accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
• Knowledge of VBA
• Very good team player who actively contributes
• Excellent in written and spoken English
• Quick in grasping conceptually complex accounting frameworks conceptually complex accounting frameworks (e.g. IAS19 Employee Benefits and IFRS2 Share-based Payment)
• Able to independently work in a fast-paced environment combined with strong attention to detail
• Good at analytical and numerical skills
• Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines and adhere to the quality standard
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 164169BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Accountant – Compensation Controlling Services
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Finance