UBS Financial Services Quant Developer/Architect - FX derivatives IT in Opfikon, Switzerland
Are you a first-string Java developer/architect with experience in the FX markets? As part of FX Derivatives IT your main objective is evolving and enhancing our application stack which processes the entire FX option flow business.
– Deliver on strategic initiatives to support the growth of our FX option business
- Speak to traders, trading assistants, business analysts and other stakeholders to specify new requirements and propose solutions
– Work with the developers to evolve the architecture of our application stack, which includes market data feeds, option pricing, trade capture, risk and valuation, and life cycling of options
– Coordinate releases and dependencies across teams
- Be hands-on yourself to implement robust and well-tested solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the FX Quant Developer IT team in Opfikon, Zurich Area. In our team, we build and improve the derivatives pricing component for the FX option business, tools that traders use to mark volatility surfaces and trading assistant use to life cycle options. In short, we work on the components that constitute the backbone of our electronic trade capture channels which offer FX/PM Vanilla end Exotic option trading to internal and external clients and exchanges. In addition, our team drives strategic initiatives which cover all areas of FX derivatives IT.
Your experience and skills:
- experience in designing, specifying and continuously evolving complex IT systems
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability
– knowledge and experience of exotic financial products, preferably FX derivatives
– strong communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming
- a solution-oriented, motivated and self-challenging personality
– familiar with good software engineering practices
- even though working on a senior level, willing to make your hands dirty on a regular basis
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– able to assess new ideas and provide implementable solutions
– passionate about what you do. You value excellence, learning and integrity
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172958BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quant Developer/Architect - FX derivatives IT
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)