UBS Financial Services Java Developer in Opfikon, Switzerland
Are you a great collaborator? Do you have the ability to stand by agile principles while delivering sustainable solutions? We're looking for an agile developer like that who can:
– collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– join a successful feature team built on mutual respect and having a recognized history in delivering sustainable solutions.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Treasury IT team in Zürich, Opfikon.
We support Group Treasury business to manage, control and optimize the capital, liquidity, funding and inter-group engagements across the bank and its legal entities. Our goal is to deliver the applications and environment for successful calculation and reporting of the internal and external liquidity models which implement a framework / toolset that allows high frequency liquidity reporting meeting the regulatory and internal expectations.
In this context we develop and maintain an application family tailored for liquidity modeling and processing focusing on in-memory technology and performance.
Your experience and skills:
– experience with Java programing
– sophisticated SQL and database knowledge
– convincing cross platform experience in Wintel and Unix envirnments
– worked within agile development teams and performed more than one role
– experience in investment banking or financial services are a plus
– passionate about technology (it shows both inside and outside of work)
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173338BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)