UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer – FX Derivatives Trading in Opfikon, Switzerland
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We are looking for someone like you to help us. You will
– analyze business requirements
– design and implement solutions on our FX Derivatives trading stack
– work as part of an agile development team
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the FX Derivatives Infra team on our strategic Foreign Exchange Derivatives trading applications in Opfikon. The team works on business critical middleware components that allow front end applications to book and amend FX option deals and facilitate transportation of transaction data between trade capture tools and the trade repository. The programme of work is recognized as a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years.
Your experience and skills:
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
– analytical mindset with exceptional problem solving and synthesizing skills
– hands-on experience in building distributed systems
– ability to work closely with business partners to define initial requirements and then iteratively refine to remove ambiguity
– comfortable to pick up any task required to deliver a feature based on well-rounded skill set through involvement in all aspects of software delivery
– fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and ability to work as part of a global team
– ideally experience in financial services or FX derivatives business
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173505BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer – FX Derivatives Trading
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)