UBS Financial Services IT Business Analyst Operational Risk in Opfikon, Switzerland
Do you have the power of persuasion? Do you have the zeal to accept technical challenges and deliver within tight deadlines? Do you know how to talk to all kinds of different people? Then we are looking for someone like you to help create IT applications in the Compliance and Operational Risk (C&ORC) IT organization.
You will be contributing by:
• Helping design and implement our new Operational Risk application based on MetricStream's M7 platform
• Understanding user expectations, raising clarifications with stakeholders, developing and documenting clear and concise business requirements - both functional and non-functional
• Designing, documenting and tracking inbound and outbound interfaces to the system. Working with other application teams to source the appropriate data feeds.
• Developing solutions for problems and conduct root cause analysis to identify trends in problems that occur in order to determine areas of improvement.
• Liasing between the Business clients and the development team to ensure requirements are well understood and solutions are optimal
• Working with the internal development team and 3rd party vendor to help them understand the Functional and Non-Functional requirements and develop technical solutions
• Building the Non-Functional requirements and tracking them to resolution
• Train developers on functional concepts and resolve functional problems
• Representing the end user when working with the development team
• Working closely with the test team in creating and conducting functional tests
• Encouraging best practices and applying them to the team - responsible for functional product quality.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk IT team based in Zurich. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant BA experience.
• A technical background. A Computer Science degree or equivalent.
• Experience in building inbound/outbound interfaces and sourcing of data feeds.
• Strong ability to query and aggregate data.
• Solid technical skills / able to follow and create statements in data environment technologies: Unix, bash, SQL, python, business objects or tableau
• Strong fundamentals in Investment Banking and Capital markets.
• Knowledge in compliance or regulatory projects is a big plus.
• Exposure to Agile methodology with requirements capturing using use cases and feature driven methods.
• Experience on identifying and executing test strategies, test plan and functional test cases.
• Capability to work with customers and cross location teams to establish and maintain a consistent delivery.
• Experience on analysis of 3rd party (OOTB) products.
• Experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Experience working in a highly regulated global environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Passionate about the client experience, with strong interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries
• Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
• Expected to work interdependently, collaborate, negotiate
• Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
• Keen to serve the client through a team approach, drawing upon the know-how of other specialists
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174163BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Business Analyst Operational Risk
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)