UBS Financial Services Application Support Analyst in Opfikon, Switzerland
– A technically strong application support analyst who is passionate about delivering high quality application support to stakeholders.
– Take part in Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Request Management
– utilize their IT and business skills to interact with internal clients
– uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
– contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
– optimise service issues and gaps and implement service quality improvements
– optimise operational procedures to improve efficiency, reduce time to restore and minimize costs
– perform the full spectrum of production support responsibilities, based on the ITIL Framework: Incident and Problem Management, Release Management, Risk Management
• Incident Management: Ability to assess the impact and urgency, diagnose the application issues using logs, coordinate with relevant teams to resolve the incidents, keep the stake holders updated with the progress.
• Problem Management: Ability to deep-dive into the recurring issues and find the root cause by analysing the log files, symptoms, timing, etc. Ability to articulate and influence the development team, infrastructure team and others to provide a solution to fix the root cause and prevent the recurrence of issues.
• Change Management: Well versed with ITIL processes , procedures and ability to act as a strong gate keeper to the production environment. We expect the person to be able to assess the changes from all dimensions – impact, risk, performance and help to implement the changes in a controlled manner
• Business Continuity Management: Understand the purpose of BCM, participate in BCM tests, experience in handling real time fail over activities.
• Automation and efficiency Improvement : A person who is passionate about tools ( SPLUNK, APPDYNAMIC, etc.), technologies and processes and can adopt them in the working environment to increase the efficiency and effectiveness
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be a part of Treasury Trading application support team that provides application support to the GALM and Group Treasury business areas. The team is distributed globally and provides round the clock support.
Your experience and skills:
– multi-year experience in application support
– experience in the finance or banking Industry
– experience supporting treasury and risk systems
– technically proficient in UNIX/LINUX, Wintel, Shell Scripting, Perl, RDBMS, Autosys
– familiarity with ITIL processes (Certification preferred)
– solid technical, communication and presentation skills
– experience in working with global teams
– excellent & proven incident management and organizational skills
– Customer centric mindset, autonomous and self-driven, multi-tasker
– Ability to work under high pressure, fast paced environment
– Quick learner and ability to adapt the new technologies, tools and processes.
– Maintain high level of availability and act as a complete team player. Ability to context switch.
– Techie first. Highly hands-on at all levels
– Demonstrate high level of agility and proactivity
– Experience in collaborating with internal and external teams
– Passion to drive continuous improvement.
– Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– The ability to work with different cultures and nationalities
– Have very strong communication skills (written & verbal) and must be able to: leverage your influencing skills to gain internal support; operate independently with limited supervision; and establish a solid working relationship with, vendors, technical staff, Senior business & IT executives, and support team peers.
– Keen to learn new technologies and build a solid understanding of the business context of the applications.
– Have a strong focus on ownership of issues and commitment to resolving them
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169119BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Application Support Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)