UBS Financial Services Trading Floor Administrative Manager in New York, New York
Do you know how to provide support so that the business runs smoothly?
Are you a role model for our culture of excellence, collaboration, integrity and client focus?
Are you good with juggling priorities while keeping a close eye on the detail?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you who will supervise the administrative and business support function for Equities Americas.
In this position you'll:
• oversee the provision of administrative support to EC level Equities management, providing a central point of supervision and escalation across the Equities Americas assistant group
• perform supervisory duties as a line manager to the Equities Americas assistant group through coaching, counseling, and general management
• lead the recruitment, training and orientation processes for all temporary and permanent assistants joining the team.
• track team capabilities through the course of the year, initiating the up-skilling of team members and on-demand resourcing as required. Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous learning for self and team
• run regular team meetings for the Equities Americas assistants group, to ensure consistency with procedures and to communicate on relevant topics
• lead the coordination of Floor activities and operations, ensuring compliance to UBS policies, including Travel & Entertainment
• organize trading floor operations and maintain efficiency by planning and implementing systems and procedures
• achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be based in New York working within Americas Equities across the entire Trading Floor. There are a total of 9 executive / team assistants who between them support Americas Equities and are required to perform a variety of day to day tasks.
Your experience and skills:
– several years of project and administrative experience, preferably in a fast-paced, global environment
– experience as a supervisor / line manager, either currently or in one of your previous roles
– high levels of emotional intelligence: empathy, sensitivity to organizational stakeholders, calm under pressure
– demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– ability to manage a wide range of objectives with competing priorities; ability to plan, pre-empt key issues and to drive a process with little supervision
– familiarity with Front Office clients
– a team player with solid judgment with proven leadership abilities
– excited by the prospect of leading a high performing, experienced and motivated team of assistants
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels across a complex organization
incredibly organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize (you make lists and get things checked off)
– able to work flexible hours, when needed
– incredibly organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize
– always on the lookout to help, proactively volunteering to support others
– able to navigate across large complex structures, finding the right people to get things done
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167346BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Trading Floor Administrative Manager
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business management, administration and support