UBS Financial Services Senior Audit Manager – Investment Bank Issue Assurance in New York, New York
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? We’re looking for someone who can:
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within Investment Bank business as well as with regulators and other internal audit colleagues,
– Assess assurance work performed by issue assurance team members and SMEs to challenge conclusions and agree final issue disposition. Primarily area of responsibility is related to Investment Bank issues and actions, with opportunity to review other risk related issues across the firm,
– Monitor the status, follow up on and provide independent assurance on the effectiveness and sustainability of remediation of issues related to credit, market and financial crime risks – after issues are closed by management, Issue Assurance (IA) assesses whether issues with moderate to critical impact have been remediated effectively and sustainably,
– Review (conduct 2nd level reviews) remediation actions submitted by management for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risk(s),
– Identify and assess operational and emerging risks relevant to the Investment Bank Functions and risks assumed by the business, identify mitigating controls and control gaps, assess the controls' design and operating effectiveness as well as the impact of control deficiencies,
– Document and communicate issues, root causes and risks, and provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified,
– Engage with internal and external stakeholders on issues as well as remediation themes identified in respective areas,
– Proactively contribute towards developing detailed procedures, guidance and FAQs for the Issue Assurance process and identify, assess and prioritize process improvements / system enhancements.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Issue Assurance Team. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. You will gain insight into a wide variety of credit risk, marker risk and financial crime related topics and processes, and into a wide variety of businesses and functions, and leverage your knowledge and understanding to perform reviews of remediation actions submitted by management.
Your experience and skills:
– A university degree, preferably within preferably in finance, banking field
– Strong experience (at least 7-10 years) in Investment Bank, IB audit, risk management or internal control areas related to investment banking, preferably within the financial industry or professional services firms,
– Strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions,
– An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
– A detailed understanding of banking business / operations and associated regulations.
– Flexible and willing to handle various topics and to keep up with financial industry developments,
– Committed team player and reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues,
– Able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision and to supervise colleagues (when needed),
– Risk focused, and capable of using data analytics,
– Excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization verbally and in writing,
– Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176929BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Audit Manager – Investment Bank Issue Assurance
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States, United States - New York
Function Category: Audit