UBS Financial Services Regulatroy Strategy and Oversight Analyst in New York, New York
Do you have good project management skills? Do you have an interest supporting the implementation of regulatory priorities at a banking organization? Do you have a track record of implementing change in organizations? Are you structured thinker who enjoys problem solving on a large scale? Do you have good written and verbal communication skills? We are looking for someone like this to help us:
• Support the project management required to ensure organizational adherence to regulatory standards
• Ensure close and ongoing interaction and alignment with UBS businesses and key strategic regulatory initiatives
• Work with senior managers on the team to coordinate with business unit and functional managers regarding the status of specific issues or programs.
• Work with senior managers on the team to ensure that actions are carefully tracked, monitored, and communicated in a timely and structured manner
• Use this understanding to develop a strategic engagement model to support UBS regulatory supervisory initiatives (such as resolution planning and CCAR) and business priorities
• Communicate and uphold high standards of performance, quickly sizing a situation against requirements and respectfully holding others accountable for achieving results and organizational values
• Contribute problem-solving ideas willingly when needed, displaying open-mindedness and non-arrogance, fostering an atmosphere of collaboration.
• Exhibit strong drive, \"can-do attitude\" and internal stakeholder focus by providing ongoing support to the manufacture of clear and accurate Management Information (such as regular Issue Status reporting to the Assessment Letter Working Group, and developing persuasive presentations for delivery to senior levels).
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The UBS Group Regulatory and Governance (GRG) team ensures a robust framework for managing UBS' regulatory relations and actively coordinates and implements UBS' most critical strategic regulatory initiatives. You'll be a member of the Americas team under GRG; specifically, you will be a member of the newly formed US Regulatory Strategy and Oversight team. This role is located in New York City.
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA, JD or other graduate degree desirable
• Experience interacting with US regulatory authorities beneficial
• Understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
• Strong relationship management skills and interpersonal oral / written communication skills
• Strong organization skills; exercises strong project management skill and is adept at setting priorities
• Holds self totally accountable for achieving results.
• Experience mobilizing and managing virtual teams consisting of dedicated resources as well as subject matter experts across the organization
• Ability to network across the various involved organizational units
• Builds trusting relationships within the team and key stakeholders, encouraging smart decision-making and handling difficult situations with composure and a high level of integrity
• Experience as a trusted advisor to the business, with recognized track record of being sought after for advice and positively influencing appropriate business actions
• Demonstrates good business / risk instincts, with awareness of the bigger picture and relevant tradeoffs.
• Possesses keen industry knowledge in general, but behaves as a student of the business (i.e. believes in continuous learning and actively seeks input from others).
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175802BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Regulatroy Strategy and Oversight Analyst
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Process, project and program management