UBS Financial Services Regulatory Advisory and Management Support in New York, New York
collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and working in a team environment? We are looking for someone to own the interface between Treasury, Treasury Risk control and the Federal Reserve Bank and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
• Support management of supervisory relationships of UBS and providing advisory services to regional and business management with respect to supervisors, primarily the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
• Support senior regulatory managers and/or manage meetings between UBS subject matter experts and supervisors including scheduling/coordinating meetings, preparing UBS management for meetings, recording key issues and outcomes and ensuring actions are addressed promptly.
• Support senior regulatory managers and/or manage supervisory reviews and exams between UBS subject matter experts and supervisors including advising UBS management on information requests before and during the reviews and exams, tracking findings, and providing regular status updates to various senior UBS management and governance forums. Also coordinate all necessary review meetings both internal and with the regulators
• Collaborate with other regulatory managers globally, including analyzing developments across jurisdictions to ensure consistency of approach and reporting on relevant developments for global meetings and reports.
• Pro-actively identify trends in regulatory requests and discussions and raise them to senior management to ensure strategic responses
• Prepare briefings for and brief senior management for regular and ad hoc meetings with key supervisors
• Management of information deliveries to US regulators and other financial supervisors; internal coordination of responses to ad hoc queries
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Group Regulatory and Governance (GRG) function is the competence center for coordinating external governmental and regulatory relations and overseeing strategic regulatory matters across the firm. GRG focuses on three areas, which include Governmental & Regulatory Affairs, Recovery & Resolution Planning and Governance Affairs.
Within GRG, Regulatory Affairs (RA) promotes effective relationships with UBS's key financial supervisors, coordinates UBS engagement and identifies and responds to key themes in supervisory activities across regions. RA ensures a consistent approach towards interactions with financial supervisors, and acts as a strategic partner by providing regulatory advice to the businesses. RA has dedicated teams for Switzerland, UK, US, Germany Hong Kong and Singapore to support senior management in their interactions with the supervisors on an ongoing basis and provide targeted advice on key supervisory trends and issues.
In this regard, we are looking for a suitable candidate to be part of the US Regulatory Affairs team
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree; graduate degree desirable
• Experience in the financial services industry preferably including work in Funding and Liquidity Management, risk control, compliance, or an internal audit department
• Experience working in a federal/state regulatory agency (Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, etc.), or dealing with US regulatory authorities is beneficial
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Execution-oriented, pro-active and having both big-picture skills and attention to details
• Enjoy working with specialists and interacting efficiently with senior management
• Capable of working under pressure while juggling multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment and are a strong team player
• Enthusiastic and approachable in the work place, always showing commitment and striving for excellence
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176703BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Regulatory Advisory and Management Support
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Process, project and program management