UBS Financial Services Program Director UBS Optimus Foundation in New York, New York
Are you passionate about improving children's health globally? Are you exceptionally adept at juggling a lot of projects? We're looking for someone like this to:
– lead the evolution and implementation of the global Health portfolio strategy creating pipeline of innovative grants, collective giving opportunities and supporting client partnerships
– identify and assess opportunities for Foundation grant making in the US and in Latin America, in close collaboration with the US Head of Optimus and other members of the Innovation team
– serve as main contact person for Health partnerships and grantees and, when appropriate, US based partnerships and grantees in other sectors. Engage actively with grantees to advise and build capacity where appropriate
– performance manage programs to reach their full potential, conduct analysis and dissemination of learning on all supported projects
– Identify potential partnerships and grantees, develop proposals and support them to through program design, quality assurance and approval processes
– provide updates related to the health and, when appropriate, the US portfolio to Head of Philanthropic Innovation (line manager), client partners and for external communications
– represent Optimus at technical and other fora
– maintain expertise on key regional developments, research and policy which may affect granting strategy
– collaborate with UBS corporate colleagues around philanthropy; Comply with internal bank procedures
– contribute to Optimus-related events and activities for internal and external audiences
– contribute to English language client program reporting documents (including for other markets outside of U.S.)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The UBS Optimus Foundation (UBSOF) is an expert grant-making foundation established by UBS in 1999. The Foundation works to break down barriers that prevent children from reaching their potential by funding innovative programs and products that improve the health, education and protection of children. The primary goal is to develop innovative interventions that will allow children around the world, primarily in the global south, to live healthy, safe and fulfilling lives.
The Foundation is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and has branches in New York, Hong Kong and London.
UBSOF’s funding comes primarily from UBS clients. UBS AG covers all of UBSOF's administrative costs, 100 percent of client donations go directly into philanthropic projects. www.ubs.com/optimus
Your experience and skills:
– at least 10 years’ work experience. Significant portion of work experience in international development ideally in Africa, Asia or Latin America
– a higher degree or PhD in Public Health, international development, MBA or in UBSOF relevant topics
– significant experience and networks in the area of global health
– track record of successfully delivering a multi-partner initiative in area of global health
– may have previous experience working with private philanthropists or private investors
– grant-making and/or program management experience
– good understanding of innovations and best practices in foundation management and good grant-making
– demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
– experience in collaboratively creating and developing strategies and concepts
– strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to quickly identify issues and key focus areas
– comfortable working with a wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, clients, grantees and other development stakeholders
– team-oriented, flexible working style, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– desire to work in a dynamic, cooperative environment in which there is an emphasis on teamwork, adaptability, and continuous learning and improvement
– superior work ethic; willingness to work in a high demand environment both proactively and independently
– willingness to travel 25%-50%
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 160526BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Program Director UBS Optimus Foundation
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Product Management and Development