UBS Financial Services Market Risk Analyst in New York, New York
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We’re looking for someone like that who can
• Review, understand and control the market risks for the Combined US Operations across all the asset classes.
• Play a key role in the CCAR Market Risk program involving, but not limited to, risk identification and scenario design.
• Analyze the market risk profile, provide transparency and keep management and other control functions actively informed of any evolving key risks
• The periodic review of market risk limits to ensure that the risk measures and limits are commensurate with the markets, business strategy and risk/return profile.
• Monitor compliance with risk control policies
• Support regulatory submissions
• Work with colleagues in the region on projects and initiatives.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working on the Market Risk Control team in New York. The team covers the regional Market Risk Control agenda across all asset classes for the UBS Group. The team’s major responsibility is to identify and monitor the portfolio’s market risks to achieve an appropriate balance between the risk and return while minimizing potential risk concentrations to ensure that the risk-taking is in line with the UBS strategic priorities and values, and within the risk-taking capacity. In terms of the risk identification, the key responsibility is to ensure that the market risks adequately identified, controlled and made transparent.
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, economics, engineering or another numerical discipline
• 2-4 years of experience in a market risk role/function at a major financial institution
• Coverage exposure over equities products including; cash equities, structured products, derivatives etc.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively
• Good understanding of the different markets and the key market risk measures and methodologies
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply quantitative techniques to solve practical problems.
• Team-orientated, while pro-active and self-motivated with ability to complete tasks independently
• Good at handling a diverse workload of longer-term projects and short-terms asks
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176829BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Market Risk Analyst
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Risk