UBS Financial Services Financial Modeling Specialist - Group ALM in New York, New York
Does numerical modeling excite you? Do you have a sense for quantitative asset and liability management? We’re looking for someone who can:
– Model economic variables like interest rates and the characteristics of Wealth Management Client's loans and deposits based on time series analysis
– Develop replicating portfolio strategies to reflect the interest rate risk of these products using quantitative analysis
– Operationally implement and maintain those replicating portfolios
– Develop and maintain models for mortgages with pre-payment options
– Develop and maintain the required analytical tools on various platforms
– Creatively leverage data and use scientific techniques to solve behavioural modelling problems
– Actively communicate with stakeholders and management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Replication & Modelling team which is part of UBS’s Group Asset and Liability Management in New York City. Our mandate is to model the global interest rate risk in the banking book of the Wealth Management, Retail and Corporate business. This role focuses on US specific requirements by developing strategies to reflect the local balance sheet risks and being responsible to operationally implement and maintain them. The focus is on the modelling of non-maturing loans and deposits by means of replicating portfolios. In addition, we support the modelling of liquidity and funding risks. The US branch works in close collaboration with the headquarters in Switzerland.
Your experience and skills:
– An advanced degree in economics, finance, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or another relevant quantitative discipline
– Advanced knowledge in financial engineering, financial markets and the interest rate business
– Ability to apply techniques from numerical analysis, statistics and financial mathematics to drive business ideas
– Proficient using MS Excel, MS Access, SQL as well as Python, R, Matlab, VBA and C+– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to break down complex technical topics with a clear focus on business impact
– Team player in an international team with can-do attitude
– Ability to excel in a fast paced environment and positive mind set towards change
– Previous experience in a Wealth Management organization is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165392BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Modeling Specialist - Group ALM
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Finance, Quantitative Analysis