UBS Financial Services Executive Director - Municipal Credit Strategist in New York, New York
The ideal candidate will have broad credit expertise across a variety of municipal sectors. Excellent writing skills and a demonstrable ability to make presentations in front of colleagues and clients will be a differentiating factor in the choice of a successful candidate. Prior experience in relative value analysis based on credit profile and security selection is desirable.
We’re seeking an individual who can:
• provide actionable research on a range of topics across US public finance;
• contribute to municipal research publications;
• assess the credit quality of individual municipal securities and publish concise credit analyses;
• work collaboratively on a team of analysts and strategists to formulate a cohesive view regarding the likely performance of individual tax exempt securities; and
• confidently express credit opinions and recommendations.
Specific duties shall include:
• fundamental credit coverage of the most widely-held municipal securities;
• the preparation of relative value recommendations within individual credit sectors ranging from transportation to healthcare to utilities;
• the use of an analytical framework to screen municipal credits based on variables such as debt burden, contingent liabilities, and liquidity position;
• portfolio reviews of individual client portfolios of tax-exempt securities;
• ad hoc coverage of credit events and developments.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The position reports to the Head of Fixed Income Research, Americas, within the UBS Chief Investment Office. UBS is the leader in global wealth management.
Your experience and skills:
The successful candidate will have:
• a minimum of 10 years of direct experience in municipal bond security analysis and demonstrable knowledge of US public finance generally;
• a familiarity with governmental financial statements and actuarial methods to measure pension and other post-employment benefit liabilities;
• a verifiable expertise in one or more specific municipal bond sectors;
• the ability to produce incisive research within tight time frames;
• excellent writing skills (a writing sample will be reviewed in advance of interviews);
• high impact communication skills and sound credit judgment; and
• strong analytic and quantitative skills.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165482BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Executive Director - Municipal Credit Strategist
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Research