UBS Financial Services Equities Electronic Trading Risk Manager in New York, New York
Are you a shrewd evaluator of risk? Do you know how to make the right call in challenging situations? Do you have experience with electronic trading, market structure, and execution controls? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– evaluate risk relating to electronic trading, in particular around market impact and prevention of disorderly trading.
– oversight / supervision of front-office trading limits controls, acting as a challenge function on appropriateness of execution control limits and value of limits
– interface with senior management, regulators, auditors and various stakeholders in respect of electronic trading risk issues
– aligned to ICS business, working closely with diverse stakeholders including the ET business, ET COO team, Compliance, Technology and Risk Control to enhance our front to back risk management across electronic trading
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be a member of the Electronic Trading Independent Risk Function which operates across Equities and FRC. You will interface with various stakeholders, including electronic trading, regulators, technology and other control functions; Your remit will include
oversight / supervision of front-office trading limits controls, acting as a challenge function on appropriateness of execution control limits and value of limits.
real-time trading desk coverage as it relates to pausing activity and disorderly trading monitoring.
providing electronic trading subject matter expertise and risk oversight, focused on enhancement to continuously improve the oversight to execution controls framework and other ET risks for 1st and 2nd line functions.
Your experience and skills:
• Extremely driven with a strong desire to deliver results despite challenges and constraints
– reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
– quickly adaptable to changing market situations, technology and business needs (you’re smart and flexible)
6+ years in Electronic Trading, Information Technology, or Quant experience at an investment bank or asset manager
- familiarity with financial markets, electronic trading concepts and risks
– an understanding of equity market events and structure and its influence on controls effectiveness
– strong analytical skills, logical analysis and conceptual thinking
– familiarity with working with large datasets and the ability to take a hands on approach to solving problems, including collaboration with IT to build tools required to solve problems
– the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to proactively anticipate, identify, prevent and resolve problems
- working knowledge of Q, SQL, python, VBA (preferred) and UNIX/command line (preferred).
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178497BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Equities Electronic Trading Risk Manager
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Risk