UBS Financial Services Director of Healthcare Market Research in New York, New York
Do you love thinking through complex research design, developing questionnaires and executing on a diverse range of market research studies? Are you detail-oriented, have experience working with broad range of research techniques and topics, and can apply these skills to answer key questions faced by healthcare companies around the world? Are you interested using your market research skills to support investment banking equity research analysts in answering key questions important to our clients? We are looking for people like that to:
• Interpret briefs from internal equity research analysts who cover public companies in different sub-industries of the Healthcare industry including Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Medical Devices, Facilities, Technology, and Distribution
• Create robust survey designs, questionnaires and discussion guides that address pivotal questions and use your analytical skills (SPSS and Excel) to transform data into actionable insights
• Work closely with external vendors and suppliers to manage fieldwork and execute on the market research studies
• Work closely with colleagues based across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas to leverage expertise, and be the go-to person for key stakeholders in the research department including senior management and product teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in UBS Evidence Lab in New York. We are a highly specialized primary research team within the Global Research Department who work closely together to ensure the effective development of an internal capability across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. The group works closely with the global publishing analyst teams to understand the debates and themes that are central to their markets, sectors, and companies within their coverage, and design highly differentiated and in-depth analytical projects to further the investment debates and answer pivotal questions for use in published research content.
Your experience and skills:
• 8-10+ years of experience in designing, executing, and analyzing results of quantitative market research projects (including writing questionnaires and performing analysis) in a leading market research agency or a consulting firm
• Deep knowledge of multiple sub-sectors of the healthcare industry (Pharmaceuticals, Medical devices, Healthcare facilities, healthcare distribution, Biotechnology, Diagnostics, etc.)
• Experience with research among physicians, patients, hospital administrators and payers in multiple countries
• Strong knowledge of quantitative research and related statistical principles
• Creative in designing research to meet clients' information needs and budgets
• Able to explain market research principles and interpret findings for clients with little market research experience
• Currently working at an SRE, PM, AD, or Director level at a research agency or equivalent in-house on the client-side
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172799BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Director of Healthcare Market Research
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Research