UBS Financial Services Data Engineer – Data Warehouse, Analytics & BI in New York, New York
Do you have strong product instinct and an appreciation for data-centric analytical products? Are you passionate about data and how data can be used in investing? We are looking for people like you who can help us:
• Gather requirements and scope out project details with relevant stakeholders
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture across different domains
• Coordinate with data quality team on business rule implementations and day-to-day operations
• Fix defects and implement enhancements in existing pipelines
• Support data analysts in building dashboards and visualization models
• Identify inefficiencies in queries and ETLs, and investigate solutions for performance tuning
• Work with business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. We thrive on innovation and work as a startup within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science. You will be joining a team of Product Managers and Business Analysts that sit within Evidence Lab that are helping to scale and grow the business. You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS / MIS, or related engineering or technical fields
• Outstanding SQL, python and PL/SQL skills (R and Java knowledge is a plus)
• Experience in enterprise data warehousing concepts (data modeling, architecture, etc.)
• Working experience with cloud-based data solutions (Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse/Lake, HDInsight, etc.)
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and scalable ‘big data’ stores
• Proficiency in ETL tools such as Dataiku, Cask, and/or Pentaho
• Ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
• Problem solver with strong (data) analytical skills
• A team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
• Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and follow up on unfinished business
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177393BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Data Engineer – Data Warehouse, Analytics & BI
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Research