UBS Financial Services Business Development Group - Senior Relationship Manager in New York, New York
UBS's Business Development Group (\"BDG\") is seeking to hire an Executive Director-level candidate with 10-15 years of Investment Banking experience. You will help lead the full BDG team in originating cross-divisional business opportunities, but with specific focus on assisting with the review, diligence, and client meetings/conversations of 1,500+ referrals into the Investment Bank from Wealth Management Americas. An ability to articulate the M&A process to a business owner contemplating a sale is a must.
The Business Development Group originates new business opportunities between all three UBS business divisions: the Investment Bank, Global Asset Management and Wealth Management. The team provides a single point of contact for the evaluation and execution of cross-business referrals and capturing the economic benefit associated with firm-wide collaboration.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We enhance the client experience by servicing key relationships of the Firm and broadening the scope of services offered to them. The team sources Investment Banking opportunities from Wealth Management relationships, driving increased Firm revenue through M&A Advisory, Equity & Debt capital raising and other Corporate Finance transactions. We deliver the full suite of Wealth Management Corporate Services products to Investment Banking clients looking to go public. We manage an investment banking network to service middle-market companies. BDG drives targeted education & marketing efforts to increase awareness of products and services of each business division. Capture new wealth management assets/liquidity from Investment Bank relationships.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in business administration, economics or finance (an MBA would be a plus)
- Active Series 7 and 66 (or 63/65) licenses
– significant experience including a proven track record of working on complex M&A and capital markets transactions
– strong commercial instinct, ability to perform under pressure and manage tight deadlines
– excellent valuation skills and a high level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
– extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
– requisite Series licensing
– a great communicator, whether presenting to clients or senior executives
– proficient at managing and cultivating important client relationships
– able to develop creative solutions to meet client needs and identify cross-product opportunities
– comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
– a collaborative member of a cross-functional and global team
– a valuable resource and mentor to junior professionals at the firm
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174018BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Business Development Group - Senior Relationship Manager
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business development