UBS Financial Services Assistant Business Manager in New York, New York
Are you energized by a fast paced work environment? Are you a role model for our culture of excellence, collaboration, integrity and client focus? This role will assist the IB Economics / Macro Strategy business manager teams on responsibilities across all run the bank tasks and be expected to contribute to various change / business enabling initiatives. This person will primarily provide support to the Economics / Macro Strategy teams in the US however many of the business lines and projects are organized globally and the candidate will also be expected to operate effectively in this capacity.
– Developing an in depth understanding of the business (e.g. products, costs, personnel, strategic plan, initiatives)
– Identifying risk mitigating and efficiency opportunities in the day to day activity and ensuring that any solutions are implemented consistently
– Supporting key governance forums as relevant to the business / region
– Developing a robust escalation model and ensuring timely communication to relevant business and management stakeholders around issues / errors etc.
– Assist with office management, preparation of management reports for the entire business line, preparation of presentations to Global Research management; general onboarding support, and other operational matters.
– Supervise new joiner set ups and onboarding; ensure smooth transition from HR process of hiring through first month of new-joiner status.
– Help to create, support, and manage team's strategy for client engagement; track interactions with sales and with clients to ensure compliance with business policies and revenue optimization;
Additionally, the candidate will be expected to take a proactive approach to other administrative activities to enable the team to focus on the higher value added activities. We’re looking for someone who can:
– Maintain Senior Executive calendars, helping them be more effective
– Manage a complex meeting schedule across time zones
– Arrange all aspects of travel, prepare and submit expense reports on a timely basis
– Coordinate conference room reservations, catering and audio/video conferences
– Back-up and support colleagues in the team during sick days or vacation
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be providing business management / administrative support to a team of Economists and Macro Strategists.
The Global Economist / Macro Strategy business management team is responsible for a broad portfolio of activities centered around: acting as a strategic enabler to the business, overseeing the integrity of the front to back control environment and managing the change portfolio. We are recruiting for an assistant Business Manager as part of the global team's continuing evolution. We are passionate about driving productivity and engagement across the Investment Bank globally, supporting our research business and driving our diversity and inclusion agenda.
The Economist role entails the analysis of current trends and the forecasting of key market and economic variables, as part of an integrated team of global Economists (and in the context of other Economists' forecasts). These views must be presented in written form, public and private meetings, and (where appropriate) to the media.
Strategists analyze market fundamentals and valuations of the respective asset class in order to provide both broad investment guidance as well as specific market recommendations to internal and external clients.
Your experience and skills:
- A high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– Project Management / Process Management experience
– Strong communication and presentation skills
– several years of administrative support experience in a fast-paced, global environment
– high levels of emotional intelligence: empathy, sensitivity to organizational stakeholders, calm under pressure
– Detail oriented and accurate
– excited by culture change and engagement
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– incredibly organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize (you make lists and get things checked off)
– able to work flexible hours, when needed
– a team player with solid judgment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178215BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Assistant Business Manager
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business management, administration and support