UBS Financial Services Application Support Lead in New York, New York
Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– lead the US application support team servicing the IB Corporate Client Solutions (CCS) division
– face off to CCS business management, Development, Infrastructure staff as well as 3rd party support vendor and work to forge solid relationships with these teams
– be responsible for team's process in incident and problem management according to ITIL standards and uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
– act as a strong gate keeper to the production environment and to assess change impact, risk and performance etc
– be hands on technical support lead who can mentor, guide and assist a team of junior team members to provide high quality application services to critical investment banking applications
– manage Business Continuity Management, DC power down events whilst minimizing impact to the business
– challenge the status quo, assist with work driver reduction and through tooling & automation (Splunk, AppDynamic etc)
– be the weekend support escalation contact
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Our team is a global Business Application Support team with follow the sun support model, responsible for the 1st/2nd line application support for the IB CCS users. You will be leading the US lead team based in Manhattan, New York. We also interacts closely with other IT teams in development and Infrastructure areas to facilitate solutions for our users. Teammates are located in London, Hong Kong and Nashville.
Your experience and skills:
– 5+ years of experience in application support in the Finance or Banking Industry
– senior Level 2 technical support team experience with the ability to manage staff
– a strong knowledge of CCS application, ie, Banker Portal, Banker Portal Documents and ECM application suites
– strong analytical, problem-solving and skills
– solid Oracle DB, WebSphere, Apache, Tomacat, Java, Autosys, Informatica, Linux / Unix and Shell Scripting skills
– support experience in Microsoft products: Windows 7, Office suites and Sharepoint (MOSS)
– experience in the of automation / monitoring processes
– a complete understanding of the ITIL Service Framework
– a self-starter, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where you'll lead by example and expect the same behavior of other colleagues
– able to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities
– able to articulate and influence the development team, infrastructure team and others to provide solution to facilitate CCS live deal executions
– eager to apply automation to seek continuous service improvement in reducing non value added activities
– keen to learn new technologies and build a solid understanding of the business context to support applications
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169130BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Application Support Lead
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)