UBS Financial Services Corporate Secretary in New York, New Jersey
Are you driven by the desire to deliver exceptional support to Bank Management and its Board of Directors? Do you have expertise in corporate governance process and understand its significance in a heavily regulated Bank environment? Are you interested in being part of a Bank that offers lending and deposit products to meet the needs of high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients? We’re looking for someone like that who will be responsible for:
• Coordinating and attending board and committee meetings:
Preparing materials for Board of Directors, Board Committee and Management Committee meetings
Producing data/ content that is of high quality and is timely
Drafting comprehensive meeting minutes
Securely distributing Board Materials through electronic or hardcopy delivery
Reviewing Board materials prior to distribution for accuracy and adherence to document retention standards
Addressing outstanding Board meeting action items in the Board Meeting (from prior meetings)
Ensuring draft documents are easily discerned from final versions and adhere to document retention standards
Assisting in execution of the Terms of Reference/Mandate and obligations of the Board
Coordinating Board / Committee calendar and agenda
Planning logistics for the meeting day /days
Coordinating director calendars (ensure appropriate number of meetings and director attendance to fulfill quorum and voting requirements)
Developing and organizing Director orientation and education programs
• Serving as a liaison for directors, officers, and the Bank's primary shareholder
• Maintaining key corporate documents and records:
- Overseeing control and updates of all Bank policies, including maintaining a calendar for the Board's review of appropriate policies
• Taking primary responsibility for anticipating and addressing the Bank's corporate governance needs
Ensuring corporate governance process complies with applicable Bank regulatory guidance and expectations and UBS policy
Liaising with Bank Management, Finance, Compliance and Legal personnel
Periodically assessing the Board’s governance practices and suggesting opportunities for the board to better perform its responsibilities
• Being sensitive and intuitive to the demands of the Board Chairman, Bank CEO and its Directors
• Other management and corporate responsibilities, as assigned
• Domestic travel required up to 20% of work days
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as Corporate Secretary for the Board of Directors of UBS Bank USA, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of UBS Group AG, one of the largest wealth managers globally. The Bank serves FDIC- insured deposit and lending needs of UBS clients, predominately those of UBS Wealth Management USA (WM USA).
Your experience and skills:
• JD or paralegal experience strongly preferred but not required
• 5+ years in Board Corporate Secretary experience preferred
• A thorough understanding of the Bank's business
• Basic knowledge of corporate and securities law, with expert knowledge of corporate board governance practices
• Experience with drafting, editing and producing corporate minutes
• Experience dealing with Board of Directors, Board Committees and Management Committees
• The ability to lead and work within a multi-disciplinary setting to achieve consensus
• Bachelor's degree required
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• A strong verbal and written communicator
• Able to respect and maintain strict confidentiality regarding matters of corporate board governance
• Able to maintain the appropriate perspective no matter how pressured a situation
• Able to demonstrate an “executive presence”
• Able to adeptly manage multiple competing priorities with demanding deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169310BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Corporate Secretary
City: New York, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey, United States - New York
Function Category: Business management, administration and support