UBS Financial Services Technical Accounting Specialist in New York, Connecticut
• providing IFRS technical accounting advice in UBS’s multi-GAAP environment (including both IFRS and US GAAP) within Finance and to constituents across a number of business divisions; the IFRS/US accounting advice will cover a wide range of areas but in particular likely to include derecognition, consolidation, impairment and measurement of financial instruments
• exposure across a wide range of products and transactions from our Investment Banking, Asset Management , and Wealth Management businesses
• taking ownership of certain Financial Accounting Policies
• assisting in the implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to GTA discussions
• Preparing and presenting training sessions to the Finance team
• Working closely with the business, Finance colleagues and global GAP team members providing rigorous analyses of new and complex transactions ensuring that the accounting policies are applied and decisions are appropriately documented
• Interacting and communicating effectively with senior management and staff from across the different areas within the Bank. Clients will be professionals in different functions and at different levels including senior management for high profile topics
• contributing to IFRS/US expertise of regional controlling functions
• representing UBS at industry accounting forums
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the GAP team in Zurich/London/Stamford. GAP is a team of highly trained accounting subject matter experts that delivers against all the accounting policy needs of the Business Divisions and Corporate Center. As accounting standards are constantly changing, we stay at the forefront of those developments to ensure we provide appropriate accounting guidance that takes account of those developments and training for a sustainable control environment.
Your experience and skills:
higher Education (university degree) combined with one of internationally recognized accountancy qualifications (e.g. CPA)
6 to 10 years in public accounting / audit,
a very good understanding of IFRS/USGAAP with ideally some experience of working in a technical accounting capacity
experience within the financial services industry including ideally good produce knowledge
– an excellent communicator (both orally and in writing particularly in technical accounting arena) with ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels including senior management
– an individual with strong analytical skills
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– proactive, hands on solution oriented and flexible
– an individual who displays commitment and strong ownership of tasks and works consistently towards goals and resolutions
– able to cooperate and consult appropriately with a wide range of individuals both in GAP and the wider organization
– able to balance demands of a diverse client and project portfolio in a dynamic environment
– fluent in English (German an advantage)
– proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166760BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technical Accounting Specialist
City: New York, Stamford, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey, United States - New York
Function Category: Finance