UBS Financial Services Wintel System Administrator in Nashville, Tennessee
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• Provide global production support for the Windows distributed infrastructure while on shift.
• Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Windows infrastructure within a timely manner
• Resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
• Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
• Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA’s.
• Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems
• Write technical documentation as needed
• A solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows, 2003, 2008, 2012, DHCP and DFS , Windows Clustering(Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage
• Work during weekend and night-times, participating in a 24x7 shift roster
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be a member of 24X7 Operational support group supporting Global Windows environment within the bank. ensuring the quality, stability of the Wintel environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
• University degree with 3+ years' experience in supporting WINDOWs based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (2000+)
• A solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows, 2003, 2008, 2012, (Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage)
• Provide projects support for the Windows distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Windows estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down activities
• Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
• Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles
• Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
• Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
desirable skills are
• Basic understanding of the Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience a plus.
• Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc…
• Strong analytical and logical skills
• ITIL Knowledge
• Writing technical documentation as needed and ensuring they are updated timely.
You have :
• Ability to establish good working relationship with various teams
• Technical Troubleshooting Skill / Problem solving ability
• Issue Management and effective escalation management
• Global User support exposure is an advance
• Technical understanding of the project content and delivery (timely accomplishment of assigned responsibility)
• Ability to work under pressure / tight deadline
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180742BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Wintel System Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)