UBS Financial Services Payment Investigation Cash Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
Manage daily exceptions related to Payment Operation processes including the research of payment related inquiries/investigations as well as account reconciliations.
• Confirming for accuracy all accounting and correspondence in PegaRules/Service Works Investigation cases after preparation by the investigator and making releases for processing
• Archiving transaction research which includes:
Researching the case
Copying the transaction in the case
Updating the case
• Covering Hotline (ext. 5023), which includes answering inquiries and taking all actions needed to satisfy the query.
• Researching customer inquiries received via swift, keylink, Service Works or email.
• Taking necessary action to satisfy the customers request which could involve but is not limited to:
Calling relevant parties.
• Fraud Recovery for USD wires
• FX SW recalls and traces
• ACH SW recalls and GJOW
• Commodity Buy/ Returns
• Currency Buy/ Returns
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Personal and Corporates Operations team in Nashville which is part of Group Operations.
This role also gives you the opportunity to build relationships with UBS people across operations and business. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to manage competing priorities, be able to quickly assess issues and solutions, and be attentive to client needs.
Your experience and skills:
The Fed wire, Chips and ACH payment systems, the Swift Communication Network, and the resulting Investigation and Compensation process required to research, analyze and settle a variety of USD investigation and compensation cases, while controlling risk to the bank.
Analyst will also be a required to field incoming telephone inquiries from a high profile UBS customer base.
Experience with the PegaRules Investigation Application is preferred but not required.
Key competency requirements are:
• Ability to analyse and make decisions.
• Ability to handle volumes without compromising quality.
• Appreciation for timely execution.
• Detailed knowledge of SWIFT messages
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Ability to strictly conform to procedures and processes.
• Interface and communicate with a wide range of individuals within the organization.
• Ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Strong risk awareness.
The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team. There will be a requirement for them to work to strict deadlines and at times in a pressurized environment.
• Drives progress in line with management expectations.
• Strong communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with people at all levels.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and manage own work.
• Works effectively in a team, contributing ideas and support.
• Communicates new initiatives to team members.
• Setting high processing standards based around drive and commitment to achieve section targets.
• Computer literate with very strong MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook & PPT).
• Strong knowledge of banking services/products/Operations highly desirable
• Innovative, team player with a positive attitude is a must
• Strong analytical skills with a genuine desire to improve efficiency of job tasks/functions using systems & business knowledge
• Organized, able to prioritize tasks/agreed objectives & deliver to tight deadlines as well as ability to work under pressure
• Quick learner with ability to understand internal and external client needs and translate these requirements into effective solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178157BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Payment Investigation Cash Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Operations