UBS Financial Services Mission Control Representative in Nashville, Tennessee
Are you at your best when coordinating and collaborating with others? Do you like to interact? As a Mission Control Representative you are responsible for:
• Having and providing a production overview for Infrastructure & Platform organization, comprising of Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware streams
o You are the central point of contact to provide an overview of the production health of the Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware streams
o You proactively monitor your environment on a top level for abnormalities and correlate cross-stream issues/events
• Run and support incident- and request management
o Be aware of the incidents happening in your environment/stream
Trends and abnormal volumes of SEV 5s and unstructured requests
Overview of all SEV 4s, their current state and related escalations - Intervene
Actively manage all high business impacting (SEV 1 to 3) incidents
o Ensure that all of the incidents ongoing in Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams are addressed, tracked and driven for resolution. If necessary you act as the incident manager
o Support cross-stream incident management by representing and coordinating Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
• Control and ensure the quality of incident communication for Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You have an overview of all iProd notifications released out of Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You are accountable for the quality and hygiene of all those iProds (i.e. Organizational IT Service outage communication) and ensure the standards are met across Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You are accountable for the content of all SEV 1 to 3 iProds related to Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You provide quality content for cross-stream SEV 1 to 3 iProds
o You are accountable for the quality and the hygiene of MyHub or other communications related to Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
• Run and support Mission Control Command & Control activities
o You are aware of the change portfolio and activities of Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You understand the effect of significant UBS events, financial events and market news to Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o During Enhanced Command & Control events you represent Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
o You represent Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams in the GCOO Production Update calls and provide high quality input
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with functional counterparts of the other Technology Operations Center (TOC) streams
• Perform analytics by collecting real time data, identify trends and pro-actively resolve and manage issues/events before they become incidents.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Being part of Mission Control, you will be the point of contact for everything related to the production environment for the stream you are representing. In Mission Control you are closely working together with the members of all TOC streams, coordinate activities in your own stream as well as cross-stream. Together with the Mission Control representatives from the other TOC streams and the Mission Control Directors you build the core team of the TOC Mission Control.
As a Mission Control representative you will lead incident management in UBS Technology Operations along the defined standards and guidelines of the incident management framework. In collaboration with the different technology support organizations and business stakeholders you drive fast and reliable incident resolution and therefore, support smooth and reliable Technology Services operations. In addition to the resolution activities you ensure precise and timely incident communications to the different stakeholders within UBS.
– Several years of experience within an IT operations organization
– ITIL certification and experience as a service-, incident- or problem manager
– Experienced in managing IT incidents in a global, multi-stream environment
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
– A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
– Excellent analytical- and problem solving skills in connection with a solution oriented attitude
– Knowledge of diverse Technology solutions and services (networks, operating systems, infrastructure components, applications)
– Profound knowledge of the services delivered and supported by Unix, Windows, VISM (VMWare), Databases, Middleware Streams
– People management experience
– Excellent communication skills that allow you to interact on all levels
– Ability to delegate and collaborate
– Enthusiastic with diverse skills (preferred)
– Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
– Fluent in Business English and able to communicate clearly & effectively across all levels
– Excellent team player with pro-active, positive personality and \"can-do\" attitude
– Flexible & ability to remain calm in highly stressful environment
– Have the ability to multi-task and prioritize incidents accordingly
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180142BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Mission Control Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)