UBS Financial Services Lending & High Yield Lawyer - Investment Bank in Nashville, Tennessee
Do you have experience handling high-yield and corporate lending transactions? Do you have a background in finance and securities law and regulation? We're looking for someone like this to:
– partner with our Investment Bank colleagues to give legal and regulatory advice on lending and high-yield transactions and associated legal issues and agreements
– advise and collaborate with colleagues within Legal and our businesses in the US and globally
– be involved in all stages of our lending and high-yield businesses
– stay up to date with relevant regulatory developments to make sure we meet our obligations to our Investment Bank colleagues, customers and regulators
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in Nashville as part of a global Investment Bank legal team. We’re responsible for advising our New York based Investment Bank colleagues on transactional, legal and regulatory matters. You could be covering syndicated and non-syndicated lending transactions in the US and abroad. We also work closely with our legal colleagues and other personnel around the globe to ensure compliance with US law and regulation and to make sure the advice we give to our businesses is consistent and fits internal policies.
Your experience and skills:
– worked in a similar position before, either in private practice or in- house
– been licensed as an attorney or qualified in-house counsel in Tennessee, or are able to become so licensed within six months of commencing work at UBS
– a strong background in lending and corporate deal work
– experience drafting and revising transaction documentation
– experience working directly with front office business persons on commercially sensitive matters
– approximately four to eight years' experience in transactional legal practice
– a strong written and verbal communicator, able to interact with colleagues at all levels
– an experienced and skilled draftsperson with an eye for, and attention to, detail
– an expert at building networks and connections
– a self-starter known for hitting deadlines
– comfortable working in a dynamic and varied legal environment with front office and support function personnel
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168240BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Lending & High Yield Lawyer - Investment Bank
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Legal