UBS Financial Services Technology Risk Management: IT Risk & Controls Analyst in Nashville, Connecticut
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you enjoy interacting with Group Technology subject manager experts to improve processes and identify improvements?
We're looking for someone like that to join the Technology Risk Management function, who will be responsible for:
• Engaging with the firm's external auditor (EY) to ensure issues identified in the weekly audit issues report are assigned to the appropriate Technology Risk Management team and are subject to UBS standard operational risk management processes.
• Tracking issues raised by the firm's internal testing team, Independent Management Testing (IMT), to ensure they are appropriately managed through a newly-established Issue Challenge Forum, with follow-up actions/decisions documented and managed through to resolution (or escalated where necessary).
• Coordinating with Group Internal Audit (GIA) to help publish new issues identified in the external audit process into CARAT, the firm's operational risk management systems.
• Ensuring the annual GIA Audit Plan has appropriate visibility within the Technology Risk Management organization, including agreement on contacts prior to audit kick-off.
• Managing access to SharePoint sites used by the firm's external auditor for requesting and receiving audit evidence.
• Developing and maintaining team functional documentation, enabling handovers between team members and capturing institutional knowledge.
• Supporting team projects, as identified.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization in the U.S. as part of our Regional, Regulatory and Audit oversight team. Our remit is to ensure that Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree
– 1 to 3 years of experience in risk management, risk control, audit or compliance within Financial Services
– ability to manage a global team
– ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees at all levels of the organization; and with senior business executives
– strong analytical skills, able to quickly understand complex processes, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
– excellent communication skills, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization verbally and in writing
– a flexible and committed team player who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
– risk focused, capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products
– able to work independently, dynamically prioritize, and escalate when necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173108BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technology Risk Management: IT Risk & Controls Analyst
City: Nashville, Stamford, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey, United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Audit, Information Technology (IT), Risk