UBS Financial Services Specialist Non Functional Team in Mumbai, India
Are you a technical visionary with leadership ability? Do you have a track record of transformative delivery within the technology industry, or within technology in the capital markets industry? Are you an expert in how to build, test and maintain a highly performant n-tier distributed system – what are the key risk areas, and how to optimise and test to ensure success? Are you solid as a rock when you’re juggling a lot of parallel deliveries? We're looking for someone like this to:
– Own and drive the non-functional test team within the Murex program
– Partner with experts across the organization and within the program to change the way we approach non-functional testing and performance delivery
– Think strategically, making and implementing technical decisions that increase performance, increase stability, increase predictability
– Be accountable overall for ensuring the performance of the system is maintained and improved over multiple software releases and user migrations
– Be accountable for the non-functional testing team within the program. Own the overall approach and outcomes.
– Have a background in development or as a test software engineer; you're unlikely to come from a manual testing background.
– Work with the solution architecture team, dev teams and PM to agree a sustainable solution design that supports all non-functional requirements as agreed for the project
– Work closely with the production team ('BAS') to ensure that the monitoring of the system KRIs/KPIs in production reflects and is aligned to monitoring and testing of those indicators in dev/test
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your role will be in the Murex program team in India (the team is a global team). The Murex program is a large strategic initiative to replatform UBS's rates, credit and FX businesses onto Murex from the various legacy systems on which they currently run. The objectives for the program are:
• Massively simplify the Fixed Income technology environment
• Increase operational control and efficiency
• Enable our regulatory agenda
• Establish the building blocks for a more cost effective operating model
• Support revenue in all products
The program is run across the business and technology, involving both permanent and vendor staff. It is recognised within the industry as a transformative program that ensures UBS's platform is uniquely well placed to face the new challenges of the industry.
Your experience and skills:
– Worked in a similar position before, within the technology, financial services, or telecoms industries
– Experience within the capital markets industry
– A deep understanding of non-functional design, build, testing and monitoring; of how to ensure the performance in production of a large complex system remains predictable
– Experience in an environment where no two days are the same
– Experience of managing highly complex technical delivery across multiple teams, both vendor and internal
– Highly technical, comfortable interacting with specialist developers, and able to be credible with and challenge them
– Structured and able to create and track a complex plan including many dependencies
– Known for hitting deadlines under significant pressure
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169274BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Specialist Non Functional Team
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)