UBS Financial Services SCOM SQL / .Net Developer in Mumbai, India
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who enjoys becoming part of a large global organization? Are you a confident decision maker and problem solver? Are you a strategic thinker? Would you like to take a chance to drive your career?
We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks in the System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Team:
• Have a strong knowledge of SCOM DB Schemas combined with PowerShell, .Net and HTML 5 skills to work with a high performing team of SCOM Infrastructure Engineers and Management Pack Developers to create custom reports , stored procedures and Web Front End Tools to expose SCOM Data
• Customize the SCOM SQL Environments for Optimal Performance
• Analyze errors in the SCOM Environment with a focus on SQL but still understand how the other components of SCOM work to store the data in SQL and define corrective measures to resolve issues (you’ve got a good eye)
• Collaborate with Service Delivery Teams to ensure that the Global SCOM Infrastructure stays healthy
• Willing to provide on-call support when necessary
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the SCOM Monitoring Engineering team in Mumbai. In this role you are part of a high-performing team of SCOM Experts. You will work with a committed, quality driven and very technical team understanding not just the SCOM Infrastructure but all core Microsoft Platforms as well as Line of Business Applications. Your role is to:
• Have advanced knowledge of the SCOM Ops DB, DW and ACS Databases
• Create custom SQL queries, stored procedures, custom groom jobs etc.. for SCOM Service Delivery (and LOB Apps)
• Create custom SQL Reports for SCOM Service Delivery & Line of Business Application teams
• Support & maintain SCOM / IBM Netcool Connectors developed in .Net / C#
• Create custom Web Front End Tools in HTML 5 to expose the data contained in the SCOM Databases.
• Tune SCOM to optimize performance (custom grooming etc.)
• Be a team player and work collaboratively with the rest of the team (they will rely on you and will rely on them to accomplish the highly demanding workload)
Your experience and skills:
• At least 5 – 7 years of experience with SQL Development, .Net / C# Development and HTML 5 Development in large scale SCOM environments with specific focus on Enterprise Systems Monitoring with SCOM
• Deep knowledge of the SCOM DB Schemas (Ops DB, DW and ACS) and how they relate to the data presented in the User Interface
• The ability to expose the data stored in these databases based on User requirements
• The ability to fill the role of a SQL DBA when required; specifically for the SCOM DBs
• Provide Level 3 / 4 SQL Support for Service Delivery Teams (DBA role, SQL Report Role, SQL Developer Role, Web Developer Role)
• Strong technical analytical and problem-solving skills within a diverse set of Microsoft Platform Technologies
• Analyze business requirements, and design/implement complex SQL solutions by working directly with the customers
• Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to help customers define their requirements
• The ability to work independently with minimal guidance but work collaboratively when necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170729BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: SCOM SQL / .Net Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)