UBS Financial Services SCOM Management Pack Developer in Mumbai, India
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who enjoys becoming part of a large global organization? Are you a confident decision maker and problem solver? Are you a strategic thinker? Would you like to take a chance to drive your career?
We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks in the System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Team:
• Have strong knowledge of SCOM Management Pack Development skills using PowerShell, .Net and VB Script to work with other MP Developers, SCOM Infrastructure Engineers and SQL / .Net Developers to provide Enterprise Monitoring for the various Lines of Business and Technology Organization within the company
• Work with Microsoft Platform Owners to customize and tune Microsoft Released Management Packs, 3rd Party Platform Released Management Packs and internal company Line of Business Management Packs
• Analyze errors in the SCOM Environment with a focus on Management Packs but still understand how the other components of SCOM work to store the data in SQL and define corrective measures to resolve issues (you’ve got a good eye)
• Collaborate with Service Delivery Teams to ensure that the Global SCOM Infrastructure stays healthy
• Willing to provide on-call support as required
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the SCOM Monitoring Engineering team in Mumbai. In this role you are part of a high-performing team of SCOM Experts. You will work with a committed, quality driven and very technical team understanding not just the SCOM Infrastructure but all core Microsoft Platforms as well as Line of Business Applications.
Do you like design complex Management Pack solutions? Are you passionate about Enterprise Systems Monitoring? Do you know how to make decisions and take charge of putting them into action? We're looking for someone like that to help us. Your role is to:
• Analyze business requirements, and design/implement complex Management Pack solutions
• Work with other Engineering Teams on Microsoft and related Wintel Platform Management Packs to customize and tune them (you will often need to help the requestors understand the capabilities of SCOM to finalize their requirements)
• Design custom Line of Business (LOB) Management Packs for the different divisions within the company
• Work with the SQL / .Net Developer to create custom reports, stored procedures and Web Apps to expose custom Management Pack data
• Work well with the SCOM Infrastructure Engineer and SQL Developers (and othe MP Developers) on complex requirements
• Provide L3 / L4 support to SCOM Service Delivery on issues that are beyond their skillset
• Provide Management Pack Development support for SCOM Platform upgrades / new versions of PowerShell / .Net Frameworks
• Have extensive knowledge of how to create, manipulate, distribute Management Packs using Silect MP Studio
Your experience and skills:
• 5 – 7 years experience developing SCOM Management Packs in an Enterprise Environment
• 5 - 7 years experience with scripting PowerShell and WMI in the SCOM Context (VB Script a plus)
• Design, document, develop, and test Management Packs while adhering to a strict MP lifecycle and change management process
• Develop monitors, rules, discoveries, diagnostic and/or recovery tasks, views
• Expert knowledge of optimal targeting / discovery methods
• Expert knowledge of optimal health model construction
• Expert knowledge of the SCOM service model and its usage (classes, relationships, referenced classes)
• Advanced knowledge of module types including data sources, probe actions, and write actions
• Expert usage knowledge of consoles (Authoring, Operations)
• High degree of proficiency in XML (work with MPs' XML)
• High degree of proficiency in SCOM MP module development
• High degree of proficiency of working with SNMP modules for Network devices
• Expert knowledge of MP Cookdown and how it applies to basic and complex Management Packs
• Knowledge of Core Microsoft Platform Technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, SharePoint as they relate to SCOM MPs
• Have knowledge of MP Versioning techniques preferably with Silect MP Studio
• Strong technical analytical and problem-solving skills within a diverse set of Microsoft Platform Technologies
• Analyze business requirements, and design/implement complex MP solutions by working directly with the customers
• Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to help customers define their requirements
• The ability to work independently with minimal guidance but work collaboratively when necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173783BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: SCOM Management Pack Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)