UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Mumbai, India
Are you a Java technologists second to none? Do you consider yourself as someone who can deliver best in class Java solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Deliver state of the art solutions in Java technology stack
– Deliver technical change to the UBS IT applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, adherence to quality standards, timely and accurate reporting while managing issues and risks
– Participate in the project lifecycle from requirements specification to implementation, ensuring that the solution fits its intended purpose from a functional, technical, and quality perspective
– Proficiently lead a team, track project deliverables and review deliverables (code/design/quality)
– Engage business analysts, developers, outsource vendor and end-users at appropriate stages in the project lifecycle
– Ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and initiatives
– Develops optimum solutions (included high / low level technical designs, specification and technology evaluations) using firms' approved methodologies
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will work in a global team of Java technologists in the capacity of Development Lead which is a key technical role, covering the major projects within GCOO IT. The successful candidate will have technical delivery responsibility for multiple global projects, managing and integrating change activity involving diverse systems, technologies and processes.
Your experience and skills:
– an understanding of what it takes to run successful projects in financial services
– familiarity with the regulatory environment governing outsourcing
– a pragmatic \"can do\" attitude
– a skillful, professional approach to all aspects of software engineering
– ability to collaborate users and business analysts to define functional specifications
– understanding of standard development life-cycle processes
– propensity to adherence to code quality and to coding standards
– ability to work as a member of a self-organizing agile feature team
– what it takes to develop the solution and guide the future evolution of the system
– readiness to learn and help others to learn
– a Java technologist with minimum 6+ years' hands-on development experience
– expert in Java J2EE with Struts / Spring framework, Hibernate, XML, XSL, XSLT, SOA/SOAP and web service development skills required, experience with DHTML, AJAX, JQuery is a plus
– strong in MVC, J2EE Design Patterns, UML, RDBMS, and object oriented design
– Need to understand and support portfolio of applications
– strong in all aspects of the application development, SDLC Methodologies, and exposure to agile is a plus
– strong experience in analysis, design, development, testing and support/troubleshooting
– comfortable in working with global teams with diverse backgrounds and cultures
– a great communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels
– an expert at collaboration, building networks and connections
– known for hitting deadlines and staying within budget
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 162834BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)