UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer (AO) in Mumbai, India
Do you know how to write queries processing millions of records in seconds? Are you interested in the quickly evolving data science field? We're looking for someone like that who will:
• be a part of a self-organizing Scrum team ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• develop and maintain flexible database based solutions be partially accountable for the end product and the modularity of its architecture
• design data model that can support ever growing volume
• refactor and evolve existing codebase to support new processes
• ensure highest quality of deliverables
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the team supporting strategic solutions for Group Operations IT that is currently operating in Navi Mumbai. We look after strategic reporting solutions in collaboration with professionals all around the world. As a member of our team you will be working on a data centric project that is automating exchange of information between UBS and external counterparties and regulators
Your experience and skills:
• a Bachelor's degree
• at least 6-8 years of experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing
• experience with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle 10g and above
• experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• working knowledge of XML processing – XQuery, XSLT, etc.
Nice to haves:
• Java, MQs, Web Services and SOA, Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau), ETL tools (DataStage, Informatica)
• experience of building front to back risk dashboards, understanding key operational risk metrics, post trade controls and familiarity with the regulatory reporting environment
• self-driven and proactive
• paying attention to details
• responsible and committed to deliver results
• a good team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173519BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer (AO)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)