UBS Financial Services Senior IT Software Architect (80 – 100%) in Manno, Switzerland
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a strong interest in new technologies, the drive to innovate and are you able to propose realistic solutions? We’re looking for an inspirational person like you to help us to:
– design innovative software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– work closely with other software architects to enhance the current application landscape and bring new applications alive
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– test unit and integration of components into larger subsystems
– make sure that the produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– manage versions of software artifacts
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS SA HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Analytics Technology Services team in Lugano. Our role is to participate in all phases of the development lifecycle and we are responsible to design, document and maintain innovative reporting applications. For software design, you will furthermore collaborate closely with the application domain architect and business analysts in various locations.
Your experience and skills:
– a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
– 5 -10 years of experience as Software Architect/Designer, at least 5 years of experience gathered within a global Data Warehouse environment
– in-depth knowledge with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns and in-depth experience with data modeling, relational database and SQL
– strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
– substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications
– experience in a modelling language (UML, BPMN)
– a guru of Data Warehouse and related complex data processing, as well as Java and Open source technologies
– a fast thinker with a rigorous analytical mind and high attention to detail
– a self-starter, comfortable working independently but at the same time highly collaborative and comfortable to communicate on all levels
– fluent in English, Italian and or German are a welcome plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169545BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior IT Software Architect (80 – 100%)
Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Ticino
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)