UBS Financial Services US/UK Tax Reporting Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Do you thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment? Are you comfortable working independently and as part of a team? We're looking for someone like that to:
– manage the day to day responsibilities the bank has under the Qualified Intermediary agreement
– ensure that regulatory deadlines and documentary compliance under the QI regime, FATCA and CRS are met
– ensure an accurate and timely reporting of the relevant reporting regimes to HMRC
– maintain contact with Tax Reporting, London, QI Competence Centre and Operational Tax Management, where required
– provide support for line managers and team members (you like to help out)
– identify, anticipate or take ownership of routine problems, follow them up and resolving them where possible
– to participate or lead, where required in any project within WM for any tax related subjects as required
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Tax Reporting Team in London. We’re part of the Tax Reporting unit in Group Operations. We’re responsible for reconciling and submitting annual reporting to clients and global tax authorities.
Your experience and skills:
– in-depth understanding of global withholding tax
– experience in Qualified Intermediary (QI), FATCA and CRS Regulation and Reporting.
– the analytical skills to review and do day to day processes relevant to client onboarding / reporting for the UK IGA and where relevant the US regulations. In addition, similar skills required for AEI / CRS, Section 17 (BBSI) and Section 18 (OI) regimes
– proven communication and interpersonal skills
– a knack for assessing information and determining priorities
– working knowledge of Swift and BACS (FLEXCUBE/CLAS an advantage)
– able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
– a stickler for the details
– able to identify tax risk which occurs in own work, understands the relevant local procedure aimed at controlling risk and consistently work within these controls
– appreciate the importance of accuracy and work systematically to meet standards and follow procedures
– convey information to colleagues and stakeholders where required whether verbally or in report format
– input and update information onto computerized systems in order to maintain accurate and complete client records at all times
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166049BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: US/UK Tax Reporting Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Operations