UBS Financial Services UBS IB Technology: Enterprise Cost Transparency in London, United Kingdom
UBS IB Technology: Enterprise Cost Transparency
UBS IB Technology has a large and complex application estate supporting its global business lines. This application estate evolves continually to take the disrupter technology steps needed to keep it competitive and also to meet pressures from complex regulatory demand. To optimize this evolution we need to ensure we know what and where all of our critical path resources are. Then ensure they are aligned with the most impactful programs of strategic work.
This role as an IB Enterprise - Cost (Value) Transparency Lead is to refine the cost transparency mechanisms we have in place today and evolve to a \"value\" based strategic investment optimization model (IOM). This model will go beyond simple dollar attribution. The goal of this model is to track fiscal and non-fiscal resources and project (decompose/shred) them onto application estate. Then highlight opportunity to re-focus resources to more impactful programs or to identify non-strategic areas that could be simplified to systematically reduce their resource burden.
In practical terms the role will work with enterprise architects, data analysts, IB / Group COO's and CFO's to establish a data set and a process to sustain that data set such the above model can be constructed. Then partner the application delivery and business streams in using the model as a critical input into the delivery process.
There is also a need to challenge the comfort of the status quo and introduce new perspectives to show opportunities for positive change and process re-engineering. A strong sense of integrity is also required to deal with the challenge of running complex modeling and ensure the model highlights what is best for the organization. Most significantly this will require collaboration and communication as the remit spans a many teams, thousand applications, resources, cost centers etc.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is an active collaborator and communicator able to interact with a diverse technology and business organization to build a credible presence thought which to influence.
• Has the ability to assimilate a complex enterprise business and technology environment and the costs and resources that it consumes.
• Has experience of large scale cost transparency and working with the financial accounting processes of large technology organizations.
• Is hands on with keen attention to detail and able to capture and manage a complex digitized view of the cost, programs & budgets.
• Sell themselves and the program internally via working groups and knowledge share sessions to help teams understand and benefit from being part of the strategic (digitized) vision.
• Is interested in how the IB business operates, how that is represented as a business architecture and how to project that onto a technical architecture with a view to support strategic decision making
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working with an established small team of subject matter experts as part of the IB Technology Enterprise team and in wider partnership with the global IB Technology CTO group.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience, skills and passion
• Experience of working with large complex technology application estates as a (business) analyst, or business sponsor (COO, CFO)
• Process knowledge that spans how external costs (invoices) and internal costs (manpower) are mapped to cost accounting structures and then shredded at application / service level to give consume / producer cost reporting.
• Skills in cost transparency analysis and modelling and ideally experience with tools in the same realm as https://digitalfuel.com/ & https://www.apptio.com/
• Well organized, a rigorous planner, natural communicator, hands-on, passionate about process and value optimization. Inspired by the idea of being part of a team who are committed to making it easy for our delivery teams to do the right \"Technology\" thing to deliver a sustainable platform to make our business successful into the future.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166677BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: UBS IB Technology: Enterprise Cost Transparency
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)