UBS Financial Services Test Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you rigorous in putting every application to test before users work with them? Do you enjoy using your strong analytical skills to plan and execute test scenarios? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– deliver complex data integration and ETL processes in collaboration with business analysts and software engineers
– create and execute test scenarios for applications and technical environments
– document and control test activities
– present and explain test results to project stakeholders
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Business Intelligence team in London. Our role is to provide data integration, analytics and critical reporting to senior management of the UBS Investment Banking business. You will be working very closely with key business sponsors, and expected to respond quickly and professionally to varying business requests. Business management uses our products for daily financial and performance management, regulatory reporting and strategic planning.
Your experience and skills:
– ISEB/ISTQB foundation certification in Software Testing or similar concepts demonstrated with past experience
– excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
– hands on experience using SQL to query relational databases
– data analysis and data testing experience with good FTB knowledge in this area (e.g. ETL architecture, database, data flow from source to target)
– the ability to execute critical areas of testing without being confined to a Requirements Specification (out of box thinking)
– knowledge of Quality Gates and Test Metrics
– understanding of Agile techniques and the ability to translate them to deliver appropriate QA
– familiarity with TDD / BDD in relation to test process
– exposure to Business Objects, Informatica or similar tools
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– not afraid to challenge the status quo
– a strong and confident communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166510BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Test Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)